Vikki from The View Outside has tagged me in a game of blog tag. This is the first time I’ve seen this game and as with all games, there are a few rules:-
You must post the rules
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged (or use the existing ones)
Tag (eleven) people with a link to your post
Let them know they’ve been tagged
These are the questions that Vikki posed to me:-
1. Who is your favourite author?
Australian author, Bryce Courtenay
2. If you could live in another time period, what period would that be?
I think the 40s and 50s mainly because I like the fashion, music and films
3. You’ve been published, and you’ve just landed a movie deal. They ask you, which 2 actors/actresses do YOU want, to play the 2 main roles in the movie of your book?
Meryl Streep and Judi Dench – I guess my movie has something to do with older women!
4. What is your most treasured possession? (not people or animals)
That’s a difficult one to answer. My complete set of Charles Dickens books. They are over 100 years old. I’ve put a link to a post I did on the history of these books. They belonged to my Great Aunt and they survived an earthquake in India in 1935. If you’re interested her account of the earthquake is here , here and here. It’s quite an interesting piece of history in three parts.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, money no object (just imagine you’re Stephen King lol) where would you live?
I love living here in England. Money no object I would have two homes, one here (perhaps a little bigger than the one we’re in) and one in Australia. I would fly between the two countries in first class on a regular basis – say twice a year.
6. Who is your idol/hero?
I don’t know that I have an idol or hero. I believe in God and have a lot of faith but I don’t believe in religion. My Church is all that Mother Nature has to offer. As for someone who inspires me. A young girl in Australia named Sophie Delezio. As a young child she was seriously injured in not one but two accidents. She has suffered much in her young life yet always manages to smile.
7. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up, did you achieve it?
I wanted to be a teacher. No I didn’t achieve it. I didn’t think I was smart enough to go to University. Instead I did a secretarial course – typing, shorthand and bookkeeping. I ended up in Law and at age 40 went to University and did an Associate Degree in Law. I’m more than happy with the direction my life has taken.
8. What’s your perfect day?
I know this is boring but every day is a perfect day even the down ones. They all have something to teach us so long as we listen. The days I do love the most are the ones where I get to spend time with the family even if it is via Skype and the days spent outside with Joe and Mother Nature.
9. You get a HUGE advance for your first novel, let’s say 250 thousand dollars or pounds. What’s the first thing you’d buy?
I’d sit down and think about it for a while and work out if there is anything I really need. I’ve learnt over the years to stop buying on impulse. I would definitely donate some of it to charity.
10. How many times a day do you check your email
About twice but I spend way too much time on WordPress!
The blogs I am going to tag will be blogs that are relatively new followers to me. Thanks so much to you all for following my blog. As much as some bloggers don’t like accepting awards or playing games like this, they are good for bloggers trying to increase their traffic and/or profile. If I tag you and you don’t feel like playing the game that’s absolutely okay. As with awards, it’s my way of acknowledging your blog:-
Here they are:-
1. Lighteningpen’s Blog;
2. Dory’s World;
3. Inspired Vision
4. Gina’s Professions for PEACE
5. Human in Recovery
6. Athena Brady’s Blog
7. Lois Elsden
8. Spiritual Mysticism
9. Musings of a 22 year old
10. The Write Inspiration
And these are my questions to each of the above bloggers:-
1. What is your first childhood memory?
2. Do you play a musical instrument and, if so, what?
3. Do you always feel confident about your posts once published?
4. What scares you?
5. Do you read the newspapers?
6. What is the main inspiration for your creativity?
7. Do you take time out for yourself?
8. Are you doing what you love?
9. Have you ever had any unusual experiences happen to you that you can’t explain?
10.What would you like to be remembered for?
11.Do you remember your dreams when you wake up in the morning?
Have fun if you decide to play the game. I look forward to seeing your answers.